Wednesday, March 19, 2014

This week in my class

     I just want to give a big THANK-YOU to your children who were very nice to the substitute yesterday. I was actually in a meeting with my wife, and we have gotten word that our application to adopt a little boy has been approved. I am very excited and can't wait to tell you all about it in the future posts to come.
     As for this week, I am going to teach the children about cold blooded and warm-blooded animals. I will explain the difference between them today and Thursday. Also on Thursday, we will watch another episode of The Magic School Bus. The class loves this series and I have posted the video on my blog for you to watch as well. Friday, we will visit the Irwin Zoo and observe these animals. A permission slip will be sent home today in your child's backpack. If you could have it signed by tomorrow I would appreciate it.
     Next Monday, I will continue the lesson by having the students sort animals on cards based on which blood they have. This will also be a day to review what was taught and what information I need to elaborate on. Tuesday will be the quiz.

     If you could over the weekend watch the School Bus video and cut out some animals from the internet to have your child sort them, I really think this could benefit the child's learning and understanding of cold and warm blooded animals.

     If you have any questions regarding the lesson or would not like your student to participate in the field trip for any reason, please let me know so I can tweak my schedule and/or find an alternative for the child(ren) not going on the field trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment